Monday 27 June 2011

Break The Silence

So i had the worlds shittest day today and tbh i let that consume me. And that really sucks. Because actually i didn't have a shit day (hang on in there this is going to make sense). i had a great day of college but when i got home my parents kicked off with me and now the great dat that i had has kind of been hidden by this fight.
So i started writing for the first time in a long time, because i was emotional. and about half way through writing these lyrics about how much of a fuck up i was, i got a message from Laura about how she was there for me and how sorry she was that she hasn't been there. and yeah, it made me feel bad hahah because she shouldn't have to feel like that. she shouldn't feel like i need to whine and moan at her. And i appreciate everything that anyone who is now reading this has done for me i really really do. I love you all so much. So i got to thinking, why am i sitting here wallowing in self pity when i could be using this sudden creativity to show the people who actually love me how much i love them? so here goes. I realised how soppy this is but i really don't care this is the best way to show you guys that i love you all so much, i genuinely wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you. I'm so sorry if you've ever felt taken for granted or like i don't care or anything like that at all. Y'all are the most important things in my life.
I know it's shitty i did just write it in like ten minutes so like don't think it's going to be any kind of work of genius
But Elly, Laura, Natalie, Emma, Beth, Charlotte, Sarah, Rachel, Becca, Rachel and anyone else who may be reading this, this is for you so smile cos you're beautiful.

I love you.


Throw up your hands to the sky
And scream at me like you mean it
Let me hear your voices shout
So everyone hears what you’ve got to say
Break that silence and let the world see you
There’s no one better you could be

I’ve been there I’ve seen it
Those days when the sky seems so grey
There’s nothing I’d rather do than lay in bed all day
But what good will that do?
Where’s nothing going to get you?
Show the world that it can’t get you down
Put up your fist and fight away those clouds

You’re so beautiful and you can’t see it
So let me tell you that it’s true
Just stop trying to change yourself
And start enjoying being you
When your tongue is twisted `
And words stop making sense
When tears won’t stop pouring
And the pain won’t go away

Your smile, your laugh, those words of truth
Get me by when life is rough
it’s time to give you back
the love you always show

Listen to these words and know you’re all I need
Just know you’re fucking perfect
Just the way you’ve always been

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful poem. Hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your poem and it is so good. I appreciate your blog post, beautifully expressed and well written. Please visit my site Hotmail contact number

    ReplyDelete

lemme know what you think... y'all mean the world